Date: 21 May, 2023 | 7:30 PM-10 PM
Venue: Hotel Arif Castles, Lucknow
Minutes of the Meeting
- Meeting was Chaired by Prof Riaz Mehdi
- Tilawat Kalaam-e-Paak : Jb Anwar Habeeb Alvi
- Introduction of team AMUOBA (Members present – Prof. Shakil Qidwai, Syed M. Shoeb, Dr Suhail Farooqui , Anwar Habeeb Alvi , Shahla Haq, Atif Hanif, Hina Jafri, Madhav Saxena, Sheikh Tariq, Rana Tayyab, Eram Deeba, Naieem Ahmad, Qais Mujeeb)
- Secretary’s report – Syed Mohd. Shoeb
- AMUOBA activities/events in the current term
- Certificate distribution cum Exhibition of Silai center run by AMUOBA Lucknow at Talimgah Niswan Inter College Lucknow on 27th May from 11AM to 4 PM
- Dr Riaz Mehdi’s address: He expressed thanks for an overwhelming response from JNMCites as well as emphasised that primarily our identity is as of an Alig and we are all members of AMUOBA. For convenience we can have our sub groups of medicos, engineers, lawyers etc but we all are one when it comes to our basic membership of AMUOBA. He proposed the name of WhatsApp group from Alig Medicos Lko to AMUOBA LKO-5
- Dr Nuzhat Husain’s address
- AMUOBA Lucknow is an apolitical organization
- Appreciation of Sir Syed Mission School project
- Urged for more proactive involvement from the medicos
- Contribution of Alig Medicos towards Institute of pharmacy, ICU, at JNMC
- Contribution of Alig Medicos towards AMUOBA activities such as health screening camps or setting up clinics /Vaccination drives for children and girls, blood donation camps
- Dr Mobashir urged the members to come forward for donations & also agreedfor a hospital in future.
- Prof Mohammad Ahmad sb’s address : Shared his old memories of the University especially of Dr Zakir Husain former President of India and Prof Aleem sb VC, AMU.
- Dr Mirza Aslam Beg was awarded the memento for free 50+ ophthalmic surgeries under the banner of AMUOBA Lucknow.
- Open house
- Dr Tahir Zaidi
- Dr Jamal Ashraf
- Dr Waqar Beg
- Dr Mohammad Aleem (Radiologist)
- Dr Mohammad Aleem Siddiqui (psychiatrist)
Also spoke on the occasion and gave their valuable suggestions.
- Dr Shakeel Qidwai (President – AMUOBA)
- Contribution towards dream project AMUOBA Lucknow—Aiwan-e-Sir Syed.
- He also clarified AMUOBA’s stand on issues related to welfare of the university as well as its minority status. He gave reference of AMUOBA’s resolution adopted in 2016 for protection of minority status of AMU and a recent revised resolution adopted in the General Body Meeting held on 7th May 2023 on the same issue in the present context of news coming related to repealment of 1981 Amendment Act of AMU.
- He also reiterated that the AMUOBA Lucknow will function in democratic and peaceful ways to express its concerns and protests.
- Ms Shahla Haq Jt Secretary AMUOBA delivered the Vote of Thanks on behalf of AMUOBA Lucknow
- The meeting concluded with AMU Tarana and National Anthem, followed by Dinner
All the participants expressed their satisfaction about the usefulness of the meeting and urged upon to hold frequent such meetings which will pave the way for better roadmap for charitable works.
Thanks & Regards
Er SM Shoeb
Honorary Secretary AMUOBA Lucknow
VIDEO CLIPS FROM THE EVENT CAN BE SEEN IN THE FOLLOWING VIDEO